Who We Are
We are the Solar Energy Business Association of New England.
Since 2001, we have been bringing solar businesses together with policy makers and other stakeholders to create a sustainable solar energy economy for New England.
SEBANE’s mission is to protect and promote the New England solar industry through informed policy intervention, coalition building and stakeholder education.
OUR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Representing the solar industry before state regulators and policymakers
- Advancing progressive energy policy across the New England region in collaboration with other solar stakeholder groups
- Hosting educational seminars, thought leadership and networking forums designed to bring SEBANE members and other solar stakeholders together to exchange knowledge, ideas, and business opportunities
- Providing opportunities for member companies to play a key leadership role in advancing the solar industry through board or committee service
OUR MEMBERSHIP IS:
- Open to all companies actively engaged in the business of solar energy in New England
- Comprised of residential, commercial, and utility scale developers, installers, consultants, EPCs, manufacturers, distributors, and other service providers, including legal and financial professionals
- Annually renewable, with a dues structure based on company size
OUR MEMBERS AND SPONSORS:
- Are dedicated to expanding and improving the adaptation of solar energy technology in New England.
- Conduct their businesses in compliance with jurisdictional, state, and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Provide customers with an accurate assessment of the benefits and costs, and the operational requirements of solar energy technology
- Offer clear, written warranties and perform services in a professional manner.
- Respect and protect the intellectual property of others and the privacy of customers.
OUR MEMBERSHIP AND SPONSORSHIP PAGE IS CURRENTLY BEING REDESIGNED -- PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON, AND EMAIL US IN THE INTERIM FOR MORE INFORMATION: email@example.com
join us Feb 5 for SEBANE's first
2018 Member Meeting
When: Monday, Feb 5 from 5:15-7:00 pm
Where: WEBSTER Room -- at Solar Power Northeast Venue, Westin Waterfront Hotel Boston
We hope you will register and attend Solar Power Northeast -- however, you do NOT have to be registered for the conference in order to attend SEBANE's member meeting.
Join SEBANE's Board of Directors, Mike Judge, Director of Renewable and Alternative Energy Division of the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources, and Tom Michelman, Senior Director of Sustainable Energy Advantage (SEA), for an informative and interactive discussion about our Policy and Programming Agenda for 2018, the latest on the SMART program, the Eversource Rate Case, Suniva Trade Tariff, and other important policy and regulatory issues.
This is a great opportunity for SEBANE members to network, get the most up to date intel on the issues affecting your business, and share with our leadership team the ways in which we can best serve you in 2018.
We look forward to meeting you there!
We also encourage our members to register for Sustainable Energy Advantage's 1-Day webinar on Jan 30: "Competing in the Massachusetts SMART Program: It's Simple...If you Ignore the Complexity". SEBANE members will have an opportunity to ask follow on questions at our member meeting, and learn more about their in depth Day 2 webinar on Feb 8.
join us March 1 for our annual
Electrical Code Training event
Join leading experts Bill Brooks and Matt Piantedosi, and local electrical and building inspectors Peter Diamond and Bruce Dempsey, for an informative one-day program that will include presentations and interactive panel discussions on:
- compliance one year into the code cycle
- rapid shutdown
- labeling and locations
- isolating devices
- energy storage systems (Article 706)
- what's ahead in 2019 and the 2020 code cycle
- permitting and inspection: inspector requirements and installer preparation
- establishing an internal quality assurance program
6 hours of NABCEP CEs or Electrician (BSEE) Professional Development accreditation availableLearn how leading manufacturers of modules, storage, inverters, racking systems, and monitoring solutions can help you build code compliant PV systems in New England.
IronRidge designs and manufactures structural hardware for residential and commercial solar systems. For over 20 years, they have worked closely with solar professionals across the globe to build products that are strong, simple, and cost effective.
Panasonic has been pioneering solar power since the green revolution began. Starting with production of high efficiency amorphous cell technology in 1975, to our innovative HIT® solar panel introduced in 1997, no one has spent more time on solar research and development. Panasonic Solar. Environmentally and economically responsible for you, your customers and the planet. Let’s take your business to profitable new levels together.