Who We Are
We are the Solar Energy Business Association of New England.
Since 2001, we have been bringing solar businesses together with policy makers and other stakeholders to create a sustainable solar energy economy for New England.
SEBANE’s mission is to protect and promote the New England solar industry through informed policy intervention, coalition building and stakeholder education.
OUR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Representing the solar industry before state regulators and policymakers
- Advancing progressive energy policy across the New England region in collaboration with other solar stakeholder groups
- Hosting educational seminars, thought leadership and networking forums designed to bring SEBANE members and other solar stakeholders together to exchange knowledge, ideas, and business opportunities
- Providing opportunities for member companies to play a key leadership role in advancing the solar industry through board or committee service
OUR MEMBERSHIP IS:
- Open to all companies actively engaged in the business of solar energy in New England
- Comprised of residential, commercial, and utility scale developers, installers, consultants, EPCs, manufacturers, distributors, and other service providers, including legal and financial professionals
- Annually renewable, with a dues structure based on company size
OUR MEMBERS AND SPONSORS:
- Are dedicated to expanding and improving the adaptation of solar energy technology in New England.
- Conduct their businesses in compliance with jurisdictional, state, and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Provide customers with an accurate assessment of the benefits and costs, and the operational requirements of solar energy technology
- Offer clear, written warranties and perform services in a professional manner.
- Respect and protect the intellectual property of others and the privacy of customers.
PLEASE VISIT OUR MEMBERSHIP AND SPONSORSHIP PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON
BECOMING A SEBANE MEMBER AND/OR SPONSOR
RECENT PROGRAMMING EVENTS
MARCH 1, 2018
SEBANE in partnership with the IAEI (International Association of Electrical Inspectors), CED Greentech, and MassCEC (Massachusetts Clean Energy Center) hosted the most up-to-date professional training available on Photovoltaic Systems and the 2017 National Electrical Code on March 1, 2018. Solar manufacturers and installers, electrical and building inspectors, electricians, distributors, developers, and other solar professionals gathered at CED Greentech for a great day of presentations and panel discussions.
Leading experts Bill Brooks, P.E., Brooks Engineering, and Matt Piantedosi, The Cadmus Group joined us again for a deep dive into major changes in the new 2017 code, including rapid shutdown, interconnection, and solar + storage, along with compliance statistics one year into the code cycle in Massachusetts, and changes to the code we can expect in 2019 and 2020. This year, the program was enriched by the addition of local electrical and building inspectors and solar product manufacturers to our speaker and panelist line-up.
Peter Diamond, acting President of MEIA-MA and RI, and Town of Norfolk Electrical Inspector, and Bruce Dempsey, Town of Lexington Building Inspector, shared detailed insights and perspectives on inspector requirements and installer preparation. Premiere solar manufacturing sponsors IronRidge, Panasonic, SolarEdge, LG, and Solar-Log, showcased how their products can be used to design code compliant photovoltaic systems.
A SINCERE THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION AND SUPPORT, AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO MATT PIANTEDOSI/CADMUS GROUP AND RICK D'AMATO/IAEI FOR THEIR ASSISTANCE AND LEADERSHIP IN CURATING AN OUTSTANDING PROGRAM. WE LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING TOGETHER AGAIN!
IronRidge designs and manufactures structural hardware for residential and commercial solar systems. For over 20 years, they have worked closely with solar professionals across the globe to build products that are strong, simple, and cost effective.
Panasonic has been pioneering solar power since the green revolution began. Starting with production of high efficiency amorphous cell technology in 1975, to our innovative HIT® solar panel introduced in 1997, no one has spent more time on solar research and development. Panasonic Solar. Environmentally and economically responsible for you, your customers and the planet. Let’s take your business to profitable new levels together.
SolarEdge provides an intelligent inverter solution that has changed the way power is harvested and managed in solar photovoltaic systems. The SolarEdge DC optimized inverter system maximizes power generation at the individual PV module-level while lowering the cost of energy produced by the solar PV system. Supporting increased PV proliferation, the SolarEdge system consists of power optimizers, inverters, smart energy management, and a cloud-based monitoring platform. SolarEdge’s solutions addresses a broad range of solar market segments, from residential solar installations to commercial and small utility-scale solar installations.
Thank you to our GOLD Sponsors:
October 25 2017
SEBANE in partnership with Rich May law firm hosted a Solar+Storage Seminar with DOER and leading battery and storage manufacturers NEC Energy Solutions, Panasonic, Pika, SolarEdge, sonnen, and LG Chem. Commissioner Judith Judson, of the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources gave the keynote speech on new storage incentives under the SMART program.